Digital Marketing Tips
8 Digital Marketing Tips For Beginners: Getting It Right The First Time
Marketing is both an art and a science, but these days, the science is getting pretty complicated. No matter how attractive your designs are or how effective your slogans are, if they don’t reach real people, your efforts are futile.
Follow these eight tips for digital marketing as a beginner, and get it right the first time:
1. Have a highly specific definition of your brand. You can’t successfully market your brand through digital channels if you have a vague definition of it. Your concept of the brand must be clear and elaborate, so your choices in marketing are consistent and targeted. For example, is your brand frivolous? Is it flirtatious? Or is it very stark and serious? Whatever it is, know it and be prepared to show it off.
2. Create a personality for your brand on social media. A social media presence is essential in marketing and your not likely to achieve much rank or recognition without it; therefore, your brand image must convert on social media, through the choices you make in design, colors, schemes and posts across social media.
3. Know exactly who your customers are and how to target them. You’re not likely to succeed in any marketing campaign if you’re trying to target the wrong customer or if your efforts are too vague. Know and understand, in-depth, who your intended customers are and what they’re most likely to respond to with marketing.
4. Think of digital marketing as a direct channel to your potential customers. If you could sit across a table in a cafe with a customer, face-to-face, what would you say to them, in just a few quick words? You message must be succinct, interesting and really hit home. Think or your digital marketing not as an isolated billboard or ad space on a webpage, but as a direct means of speaking to your potential customers.
5. Factor SEO into your marketing from day one. Let’s say you’re a creative genius and you construct a beautiful website with a lot of eye-appeal. Then you run it through analytical testing, only to discover your creation isn’t mobile friendly and doesn’t have the necessary elements of SEO to grab the attention of the giant search engines. That’s a lot of wasted time and money, thus, it’s in your best interests to understand the important elements of SEO beforehand and incorporate them as you go.
6. Establish real relationships with your audience. You don’t just want to make a sale, you want to make a permanent connection with people. Brand identity, trust, consistency and likability are all important aspects of the real relationships you build with real people.
7. Create visuals to connect with people and be shareable. Since YouTube is the second most searched engine on the planet, you know videos and visual messages are what really click with people. Because of this, it’s important for you to reach out digitally with strong and effective visuals. Make them funny, poignant or even shocking, but make sure they motivate people to share.
8. Make mobile a top priority. More than half of all searchers are on mobile and big companies like Amazon and Facebook are taking advantage of it. You can too, by designing your sites to really shine on mobile and to use marketing channels that connect on mobile. Test everything you do on a mobile site before publishing and you’ll get a good idea of what’s needed to go from the expanse of a desktop screen to the tiny palm-sized devices people are living on. It’s not easy to master mobile, but it is essential to your marketing success.